850.362.6467
800.995.7374
Real Estate

News Room

Voice Newsletter Overview - January 2017 - 01/25/2017

The January 2017 issue features: Members in the News; Director's Desk; Defense Support Initiatives and Technology Coast Manufacturing & Engineering Network and Business Growt...

Southeast Range Complex Position Paper - 12/28/2016

Southeast Range Complex Cooperative Concept Position Paper Prepared by the Defense Support Initiatives Committee

Okaloosa County, Florida


"Top-Ten Best Places to Live in America" - Money Magazine

Okaloosa County offers vast opportunities in commercial and residential real estate. Its diversified characteristics meet the various needs of our growing community. Whether you are building, renovating, leasing, selling or buying Okaloosa businesses can do it all!

Yearly Market Detail - 2014

Single Family Homes in Okaloosa County

Summary Statistics 2014 2013 Percent Change 
Year-over-Year
Closed Sales 3,122 2,755 13.3%
Paid in Cash 702 538 30.5%
New Pending Sales 3,671 3,201 14.7%
New Listings 4,773 3,989 19.7%
Median Sale Price $182,250 $190,000 -4.1%
Average Sale Price $223,529 $244,569 -8.6%
Median Days on Market 64 63 1.6%
Average Percent of Original List Price Received 93.2% 93.1% 0.1%
Inventory (Active Listings) 1,587 1,433 10.7%
Months Supply of Inventory 6.1 6.2 -2.3%

The data above was pulled from the Emerald Coast Association of Realtors website. Sales statistics are generated on approximately the third week of each month. These statistics include information recorded in the Emerald Coast Association of Realtors® (ECAR) MLS system by ECAR MLS participants and subscribers, and do not include information entered by other Associations or “for sale by owner” properties. Sales information is based on existing homes only; new construction is not included. To view statistics for other years, please visit their portal


Commercial Properties

If you are looking for commercial properties for sale or for lease, please visit www.okaloosasites.com, for real-time availability and extensive datasets.


Military Growth

The EDC and the business leaders of Okaloosa County continue to focus on affordable workforce housing within Okaloosa County. As a realtor, you can assist your communities as well as your clients with a better understanding of the military process and growth issues. To assist you in this process, provided is a National Realtors Association comprehensive and easy to understand publication: A Realtors Guide to Military Base Closure, Realignment and Encroachment.

Eglin AFB reports being able to accommodate 20% of the 5,000+ military personnel moving to the area as a result of the BRAC realignments. The other 80% will need to live in the civilian communities; our cities and towns.
 
The EDC and its Defense Support Initiative partnered with CareerSource Okaloosa Walton in their BRAC Transition Council and assisted in the development of their Welcome to Northwest Florida website in support of military families. In 2011, Army Special Forces families, over 2,000, will moved to Okaloosa County in roughly four phases between. That was a large influx of families into the area and the local military bases were not able to provide the needed temporary lodging when they located here and were home searching. The community came together to help make the transition easier.

If you have a rental property with a kitchenette to lease to a military family please visit the AHRN website and enter your property information.

MurphyReddFrazier_for-website.jpg

 

Industries

Okaloosa County is host to a wide array of businesses and industries. From Tourism to Aerospace & Defense, our diversity reflects th...
Read More

TeCMEN

The Technology Coast Manufacturing and Engineering Network, TeCMEN, was established by the Economic Development Council of Ok...
Read More